Does the challenge of cooking the finest food in the fast-paced kitchen environment of a top restaurant appeal to you? This programme will introduce you to a variety of cookery methods, improving your competence and developing your practical skills. Students are given a thorough introduction into the basic skills, techniques, concepts, and theory involved in professional cooking.
• Boiling, poaching and steaming
• Baking, roasting and braising
• Deep and shallow frying
• Preparing cold food
• Food safety in catering
• Healthier foods and special diets
• Personal workplace skills
• Introduction to kitchen equipment
• English and Math
• Work placement
• This programme will introduce you to a variety of cookery methods, improving your competence and developing those practical skills which are highly sought after in the industry.
• You will have the opportunity to enter local, national, and international competitions. Previous students have enjoyed these competitions and achieved impressive results.
• At least two GCSEs at grade G/1 or above (or equivalent).
• You should also be able to demonstrate your numeracy and literacy skills through a short test.
• Upon completion of this course, you' ll have the opportunity to progress on to a variety of courses, such as a Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery, or enter directly into employment.